Oil-Free Zone: Diet Recommendations for Vata
11/11/2009 | 12:00 AM
The equation is simple: How you well you eat determines how good you look. Follow these Vata-specific diet recommendations to keep your skin healthy and oil-free.
- Include proteins, vitamins and iron in every meal.
- Eat plenty of vegetables - green peas and squash are good - and fresh fruits like apples, bananas, grapes and oranges.
- Avoid cranberries, pears, pomegranates and figs.
- Get plenty of vitamin B2, as a deficiency can cause oily skin. Nutritional yeast and wheat germ are a good source. As are oats, quinoa, royal jelly, lentils and rice.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Avoid soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Limit intake of raw vegetables, meat and fried or highly seasoned foods. Avoid animal fats and heat-processed vegetable oils - instead use cold-pressed canola or olive oil.
- Avoid refined sugar, salt, chocolate and junk food.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL