Holistic Approach to a Clear Mind & Complexion: Bhramari Pranayama
11/02/2009 | 12:00 AM
The more we can do to relax our facial muscles, reduce stress, and clear our minds, the more our skin will glow. Bhramari Pranayama concentrates positive energy and reduces tension, depression, fears and doubts. Try it for two weeks straight – you’ll notice the difference.
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position, keeping your spine straight.
- Breathe in and out through your nose.
- Close your ears with your thumbs, and press your index fingers very lightly above your eyebrows. The remaining three fingers should naturally land around the eyes and nose. Again, press your fingertips down very lightly.
- Inhale deeply. Then hum softly on the exhale, and say “om.”
- Visualize a light at the center of your forehead, between your eyebrows. Feel your body, mind and soul radiate with light.
- Imagine yourself experiencing inner joy and bliss.
- Repeat 4-5 times.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL