DIY Spa: Revitalizing Ground Oats Body Scrub
01/29/2013 | 11:05 AM
One great way to wake up dry and tired skin is with daily use of a refreshing homemade scrub. Coarse body scrubs not only cleanse the skin, they also exfoliate and revitalize skin cells while stimulating circulation (which, in turn, increases the heart rate and boosts energy). Our ground oats body scrub lets you take advantage of cheap, basic grocery items that most of us keep in the house at all times. We've used them to create a mixture that will wake you up and make your skin shine.
- 1 cup ground oats
- 3/4 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- Gently mix together all ingredients and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- Once chilled, apply the scrub to the entire body before showering.
- Work from the neck down.
- Scrub into the skin in a circular motion, focusing on the joints (especially elbows and knees) and other places where skin tends to roughen and callous (such as heels and hands).
- Rinse the paste away under warm water.
- Any excess mixture should be chilled until use.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL