Asparagus with Lemon and Coriander
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon good quality fruity olive oil
- 4 drops culinary grade lemon essential oil (or zest of 1 lemon)
- 3 drops culinary grade coriander essential oil (or 3/4 tsp ground coriander)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place asparagus on a small baking sheet or platter; set aside.
Stir together olive oil with lemon essential oil and coriander essential oil.
Drizzle 2 teaspoons oil over asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Toss asparagus until well coated.
Roast in a preheated 375 degree oven or grill over direct medium-high heat for 8 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the asparagus.
Asparagus is done when it is still bright green and the stalk can easily be pierced with the tip of a knife.
Remove from oven and toss with the remaining teaspoon of oil. Serve hot or at room temperature.