Confetti Jasmine Rice with Coconut
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown jasmine rice, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup yellow corn kernels
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled carrot
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Stir in the curry powder, ginger, and turmeric. Stir in the rice. Add the water and salt.
Bring the water to a simmer over high heat. Decrease the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, bell pepper, and carrot. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Add the coconut and sauté 5 minutes longer, or until the coconut is golden and the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Transfer the rice to a bowl. Fluff the vegetable mixture into the rice and serve.