- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or other oil)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 ounces chicken, diced
- 2 stalks broccoli, florets and stems
- 1/4 cup green peas
- Sea salt (1/4 teaspoon or less)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (a Japanese rice wine, available in Asian markets and specialty food shops)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 scallions, minced
In peanut oil cook eggs until scrambled. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, sauté onion, garlic, for 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken, then broccoli and green peas for 3-4 minutes. Add sea salt and then the cooked rice to the pan.
Season with sesame oil, soy sauce and water. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with scallions.