- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
Put tomatoes, onion and ginger in food processor bowl, and purée until smooth.
Transfer mixture to a large skillet, stir in curry powder, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, and stir in chickpeas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Season with salt to taste. Serve hot.