- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound ground buffalo meat
- 11/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can (Muir Glen or other brand) organic tomatoes with green chiles
- 2-3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
Sauté onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
Add small pieces of ground buffalo meat to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes.
Add cumin, sea salt, black pepper, celery, garlic, red pepper, pinto beans and tomatoes.
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce flame to medium/low for 25 minutes.
Garnish with crumbled blue cheese and serve immediately.