Fennel & Orange Salad for Two
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, packed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Cut trimmed fennel bulb in half, then slice very thinly. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
Cut down sides of oranges and cut out segments, add to bowl with fennel.
Squeeze orange membrane to extract juice and set aside.
Chiffonade mint and place in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of orange juice and orange zest. Whisk together while slowly adding oil. Pour over fennel and oranges then toss. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Divide between two chilled salad plates and serve topped with toasted almonds.