Red Potato and Chive Salad
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes (about 12 medium potatoes), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup Veganaise (available in natural food stores)
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar (available in natural food stores)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
Pour 1 inch of water in a large pot. Set a steamer basket in the pot, cover and bring water to a boil over high heat. Place half of the potatoes in the basket. Cover and steam for 14 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring after the first 7 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Cool potatoes to room temperature.
Whisk the chives, Veganaise, vinegar, 1 teaspoon of pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. Add the potatoes and toss gently to coat. Season the salad to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired, before serving.
The salad will keep for 1 day, covered and refrigerated.