Tempeh & Potato Salad
- 2/3 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper to blend, then set aside.
Add water to a large pot to a depth of 1 inch. Set a steamer basket in pot, cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Place the tempeh in the basket. Cover and steam for 10 minutes, or longer if needed, to heat the tempeh through. Add the hot tempeh to the dressing and toss to coat.
Steam the potatoes in the same steamer basket about 14 minutes, stirring after the first 7 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Add the hot potatoes to the tempeh mixture and toss to coat. Allow the salad to cool completely, tossing occasionally.
Add the celery and onions, toss to combine. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired. Mound the salad into a serving bowl and serve at room temperature.