Daily Greens with Tahini Miso Sauce
- Daily Greens:
- 1 bunch of mustard greens
- 1 head of Napa cabbage
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3-4 scallions for garnish (optional)
- Tahini-Miso Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini (a sesame paste, available in health food stores)
- 1/3 -1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup yellow miso (made from fermented soybeans, miso is very healthy and available in health food shops)
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
To make the greens: Cut out the center vein of the mustard greens. Cut the vein into 1 inch squares. Cut the mustard green leaves and cabbage leaves into 1 inch squares.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the salt and mustard green veins and boil for 5 minutes. Add the collard green leaves and boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until almost tender. Add the cabbage and cook for 5 minutes, or until the cabbage and mustard greens are tender.
Drain. Transfer the greens and cabbage to a bowl, top with tahini-miso dressing and scallions for garnish, and serve.
To make the tahini-miso dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.