Steamed Brussels Sprouts and Kale with Walnut Vinaigrette
- 2 cups Brussels spouts
- 3-4 kale leaves, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, minced
Clean Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
Place in steamer basket inside pot and steam for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
Remove and repeat with kale for 3-5 minutes, or until bright green.
Whisk walnut oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, shallot and sea salt and pepper.
In a salad bowl combine Brussels sprouts, kale and cranberries, then toss with vinaigrette until lightly coated.
Garnish with minced roasted walnuts. Serve with remaining vinaigrette on the side.