- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 yam, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 (15-ounce each) cans light coconut milk
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 lime, zest removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup cashews
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- salt, to taste
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic, ginger and jalapeños, stir fry for 1 minute.
Add eggplant and red peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add diced yam, curry powder, red pepper flakes, coconut milk, vegetable stock and juice from lime. Bring to boil and simmer until yams are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Stir in lime zest, cashews and spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted.
Add salt to taste.