Roasted Vegetable Salad with Thyme Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds colorful chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, yams, bell peppers, Japanese eggplant, squashes, turnips, etc.)
- 1 clove garlic, creamed with a large pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place vegetables on a large baking sheet. Whisk together garlic, mustard, thyme and vinegar. Slowly drizzle in oil while constantly whisking.
Drizzle 4 tablespoon of vinaigrette over vegetables. Toss vegetables to coat. Spread in a single layer and roast in preheated oven for 35 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender. Remove from oven and drizzle with another 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Let cool to room temperature.
Toss arugula with remaining vinaigrette. Divide among salad plates and top with roasted vegetables. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped walnuts.