Miso Soup with Fish
This light soup makes a lovely lunch or dinner. Serve with a green salad. The miso adds a creamy texture as well as health benefits.
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced thin
- 4-5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 8 ounces white fish (for example black cod, also known as sable)
- 4 tablespoons (South River or other brand) chickpea miso (available in health food and specialty shops)
- 2-3 scallions, minced
Bring leek, shitake mushrooms, ginger and fish to a boil.
Cover and reduce flame to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Dilute miso in a small amount of water and add to the soup.
Cover and simmer 2-3 minutes. Garnish with scallions and serve immediately.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL