Sesame Crusted Fish (or Tofu)
- 16 ounces lemon sole or extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil (or other oil)
Combine maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in bowl. Place fish (or tofu) in the bowl and marinate 45 minutes or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
In a baggie, combine flour with sesame seeds. Drop fish into the baggie and coat with flour-seed mixture.
Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Sauté fish 2-3 minutes on each side.
If using tofu sauté until lightly golden brown (5-7 minutes).