Kookoo Cocoa Cereal
- 1/2 cup dark agave nectar (available in natural foods and Mexican grocery stores and online)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 droppers dark chocolate liquid stevia (available in natural foods stores and online)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons roasted carob powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups unsweetened puffed rice
- 1/2 cup chopped organic dry roasted almonds
- 3 cups sprouted buckwheat groats
In a large bowl, mix agave, milk and stevia. Whisk in cocoa, carob and cinnamon, until smooth. In a separate bowl, add puffed rice and pour 1/4 cup of cocoa mixture on top, then add 1/4 cup of chopped almonds. Toss and immediately place on Teflex sheet, spreading mixture evenly and as flat as possible for even dehydration.
In another bowl, place sprouted buckwheat and pour in the rest of cocoa mixture. Add the rest of the almonds and toss. Repeat the same process of transferring batter onto a Teflex sheet.
Dehydrate both sheets of cereal at 110 to 115 degrees. Remove the puffed rice mixture at 8 hours.
Dry buckwheat for 16 hours. At 8 hours, use a spatula to lift the buckwheat off Teflex, flipping it over and breaking up the mixture so it will dry all the way.
When both mixtures are done, mix the two cereals together, breaking up buckwheat into bite-size pieces. Scoop out a cupful into in a cereal bowl and dollop with your choice of milk.
Cereal will keep for 30 days in an airtight container.