Marinated Chicken with Broccoli
- 12-16 ounces chicken breast, cubed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice (grated ginger)
- 1/2 tablespoon kuzu (root starch, found in the macrobiotic section of the health food store), diluted in 3/4 cup water (+ marinade from chicken)
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thick crescents
- 1 head broccoli, stems and florets
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced.
Mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil and ginger juice in a bowl. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
Sauté onion and broccoli, just until the broccoli turns bright green.
Add marinated chicken, red pepper, and some of the marinade (plus kuzu root starch) into the frying pan.
Cook 3-5 minutes or until done. Serve over rice.