Toddler Teething Biscuits
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, plus extra
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (available in natural foods stores and online)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar (available in Mexican and natural foods grocery stores and online)
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1 organic Omega-3 egg
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup ground golden flax seed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, sift together flours, starch, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and cinnamon.
In bowl of a stand-up mixer, combine agave and oil. Beat in the egg and apple juice. Gradually add flour mixture. Add flax seed. Dough will be sticky, but stiff. Dust hands with a little extra flour and form dough into a ball. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Fit a piece of parchment paper to a baking sheet. Take paper off baking sheet and place on work surface. Place dough on fitted paper; flatten dough by placing a bit flour on top and pushing down with palm of hand. Next, place a piece of wax paper on top of dough. Roll dough out to within 1/2 inch of the edge of fitted paper. Carefully remove wax paper.
Cut rolled out dough into 2- by 1-inch bars. Separate the cookies slightly. Bake 15 minutes in preheated oven, until light brown. Cool on wire rack.