Chocolate Banana Pudding with Almond Cream
- For chocolate banana pudding:
- 1 (12 1/4-ounce) block firm silken tofu, drained
- 1 cup chocolate soy milk
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark agave nectar (available in health food and Mexican grocery stores)
- 2 ripe bananas
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup vegetarian dark chocolate chips
- For almond cream:
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons dark agave nectar
- 1 3/4 cups vegetarian shortcake cookies or graham crackers
To prepare the pudding, add all pudding ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours.
To prepare almond cream, heat almond milk, almond butter and agave nectar together in a small saucepan. Pour into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill until ready to use.
Place shortcake cookies or graham crackers in a large zip-top bag. Crush with a rolling pin into large crumbs.
To serve, layer pudding and almond cream in parfait glasses. Top with crushed cookies.