Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup vegetable spread (or butter)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 Omega-3 organic egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Energy Elixir
- 3 teaspoons stevia powder or 3 droppers vanilla stevia liquid
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded fine
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix (available in natural food stores and online)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (available in natural food stores and online)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened carob chips or grain-sweetened chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In mixing bowl, cream vegetable spread (or butter), coconut oil, agave, egg and vanilla. Then cream in Energy Elixir. Add stevia and coconut, blend thoroughly.
In small bowl, sift together flour mix, baking soda and xanthan gum. Add slowly to wet batter.
Consistency should be cookie-batter thick. Stir in carob or chocolate chips. Form into 2-inch domes and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Freeze cookies for at least 30 minutes, then bake in preheated oven for 11 to 12 minutes.