Clevage Chip Cookies on a Stick
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt (available in specialty food stores)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve sugar substitute (available in natural foods stores and online)
- 1/2 cup dark agave nectar
- 2 droppers Vanilla Crème stevia liquid
- 1 organic Omega-3 egg
- 1 organic Omega-3 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened puffed rice, slightly crushed
- oil spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add pecans to a dry non-stick sauté pan over a medium heat, toast nuts until oils are released. Shake pan every few minutes so that nuts are evenly browned, about 8 minutes. Immediately transfer nuts to a bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Turn off the heat, and with a wire whisk, blend in Swerve and agave. Whisk until combined. Pour into large mixing bowl to cool slightly.
To the melted butter mixture, add stevia, egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Let dough cool completely at room temperature, then add chocolate chips and nuts.
With a large spoon, drop scoops of cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking tray, about 2 inches apart. Spray oil hands so dough will not stick, and form dough into balls.
Spray oil the bottom of a small custard dish, flatten the cookie mounds slightly with the flat bottom and slide dish off the cookie. Do not pull the custard cup up directly or the dough will pull.
Stick a Popsicle stick or cookie stick in the bottom, about 1/3 of the way through at a 45-degree angle, and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Bake in preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack.