- For lemon filling:
- 1/2 cup organic lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon agar agar (a sea vegetable; available in natural foods and Asian grocery stores)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 1 dropper lemon stevia
- 5 tablespoon kuzu (a thickening agent, made from an Asian root vegetable; available in natural foods and Asian grocery stores)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- For cake:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 3 teaspoon Stevia Plus powder (available in natural foods stores)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large organic Omega-3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vanilla rice milk
- 1/2 cup Swerve sugar substitute (available in natural foods and grocery stores or online)
- 3 droppers lemon liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 organic lemons sliced for garnish
To prepare filling, mix lemon juice, water, agar agar, zest, agave and stevia in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until agar agar is diluted.
In small cup, stir kuzu into 1/2 cup water until dissolved, then add to saucepan. Stir until thick, about 10 minutes.
Let cool, then refrigerate overnight.
To prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour, starches, stevia powder, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
In stand-up mixer with a wire attachment, beat eggs, oil, water and rice milk until frothy, about 5 minutes. Mix in Swerve, lemon stevia and zest.
Change to a paddle attachment on stand-up mixer. On low speed, slowly add sifted ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat as little as possible.
Pour batter into ungreased silicon baby bundt pans until about 3/4 of the way full. Let sit five minutes before placing in preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cakes are firm. Transfer immediately to wire rack. Cakes will slide out easily. Cool completely.
Spoon lemon filling in middle of each baby bundt cake until it flows over the side of the cake, and garnish with organic lemon slices.