Marilyn & Strawberries Cake
- For cake:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 teaspoons Stevia Plus powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large organic Omega-3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup Swerve sugar substitute (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 3/4 cup vanilla rice milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 droppers vanilla cream liquid stevia
- 3 tablespoons strawberry powder (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- For frosting:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry powder
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced and fanned for decorating
To prepare cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift together flour, starches, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
In stand-up mixer on high, using wire attachment, beat eggs, oil and water, until fluffy and frothy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce speed and mix in Swerve, rice milk, vanilla extract, stevia and strawberry powder.
Change to a paddle attachment on stand-up mixer. On low speed, add sifted ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat as little as possible.
Toss strawberries with agave and fold into cake batter.
Pour batter into greased and floured tube cake pan. Let sit for 5 minutes. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool and transfer to wire rack before frosting.
To prepare frosting, beat heavy cream, agave and strawberry powder until cream forms soft peaks. Frost cake while mixture is fresh and cold. Top with sliced strawberries.
Keep cake refrigerated.