Miami Beach Bikini Cake
- For cake:
- 1/2 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- 2 cups gluten-free flour, plus extra for flouring pans
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 2 teaspoon Stevia Plus powder (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Omega-3 organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chocolate rice milk
- 3/4 cup Swerve sugar substitute (available at natural foods stores and online)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 droppers dark chocolate stevia liquid
- oil spray for greasing pans
- For topping:
- 1 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Valrhona unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- For frosting:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
To prepare cake, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and set aside.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, starches, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, powdered stevia and salt. Set aside.
Using a stand-up mixer with a wire attachment, beat eggs, oil, water and rice milk until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add Swerve, vanilla and liquid stevia. Beat well. Add melted chips.
Change mixer to a paddle attachment and at low speed, slowly add sifted dry ingredients to wet mixture. Beat as little as possible.
Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch cake pans or ungreased silicone pans for best results.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes; cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
To prepare topping: In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients. Set aside.
For frosting, beat heavy cream with agave until stiff, about 5 minutes. Frost top of first layer completely. Sprinkle with half of topping mixture. Top with second layer. Frost sides, leaving cake top plain. Sprinkle with remaining topping mixture.