Healthier Home Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds yams, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound mixed baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Place prepared vegetables on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings (except parsley). Toss until well coated and spices are evenly distributed. Spread in a single layer and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn vegetables with a metal spatula and continue roasting for another 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
Turn on broiler to lightly brown and crisp fries. Remove and toss with parsley. Serve hot.