- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 well-packed cups of fresh chickweed leaves, washed and torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
Blend together the olive oil, garlic and salt.
Mix the sumac powder into the water, then add to the blender and pulse briefly. Add the chickweed leaves, cheese and pumpkin seeds, blend until smooth.
Cook whole-wheat spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and toss with chickweed pesto.