Sesame Tahini Sauce with Onions over Udon
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup tahini (roasted sesame seed paste, available in health food stores)
- 1/4 cup tamari (a type of soy sauce made without wheat, available in Asian markets and health food stores)
- 3/4 cup water of Kukicha twig tea (A Japanese blend of green tea made of stems, stalks, and twigs; available in health food stores)
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 3 scallions, cut thin on the diagonal
- 9 ounce good quality dry udon noodles
For the sauce: Heat the oil in the skillet, sauté onion, and garlic until translucent. Mix all ingredients except the onion mixture. After well mixed, add in onions.
For Udon:Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and stir occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until tender but still firm to the bite.
Drain and reserve a little of the cooking liquid. Immediately toss the hot noodles with the sauce and add liquid as need to coat.
Top with scallions and serve.