Soba Noodles with Tahini Dressing
- Tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup brown rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Soba noodles:
- 3/4 pound soba noodles, either buckwheat or mung bean
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup green onions, cut on the bias in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
To prepare tahini dressing, whisk together tahini and remaining dressing ingredients. Set aside.
To prepare soba noodles, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse in cold running water. Toss the noodles with the canola oil to prevent them from sticking together, and chill.
When you are ready to serve, place the noodles in a large bowl and toss with tahini dressing. Garnish with carrot, cabbage, sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Tahini dressing will keep in the refrigerator for about a week, in a covered container.