Pear & Vanilla Mousse with Raspberry Cream
- For pear vanilla mousse:
- 1 cup vanilla soy creamer
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar (available in Mexican grocery stores and online)
- 2 tablespoons agar flakes (available in health food and Asian grocery stores)
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cans organic Bartlett pears, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) block soft tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil , melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup soy whip
- For raspberry cream:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 6 tablespoons soy whip
- For garnishes:
- 1 1/2 cups coconut almond granola
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish
To prepare pear vanilla mousse, heat soy creamer, brown rice syrup, agave nectar, agar flakes and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into a blender with tofu, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
Whip soy whip into soft peaks with an electric mixer. Fold soy whip into pear vanilla mousse just before serving.
To prepare raspberry cream, combine raspberries, agave nectar and soy whip in a blender and blend until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
To serve, layer pear vanilla mousse and raspberry cream in parfait glass. Garnish with granola and fresh raspberries.