Pina Nada Colada
- 2 young coconuts
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut water (available in natural foods stores, or use coconut water from young coconuts)
- 14 ice cubes
- 2 cups fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup vanilla lactose-free whey protein powder (available in natural foods stores)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
Crack open 2 young coconuts and scoop out tender flesh. (You may use water for recipe.) Set aside coconut shells.
Add all ingredients to Vita-Mix, in the order in which they are listed. Blend until ice is smooth.
Serve with a straw in reserved coconut shells, topped with an umbrella.