- 1 1/4 cups quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 piece kombu (a sea vegetable; available in Asian grocery stores and online)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
In a fine mesh strainer, rinse quinoa well with cold water. Place in medium saucepan with water and kombu, bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove kombu, fluff quinoa with a fork and spread on a baking sheet. Cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, combine cooled quinoa, chopped herbs and tomatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, pepper and oregano. Pour over quinoa and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.