- 6 medium sized red or orange bell peppers, seeded and core removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2-3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/2 pound ground chicken (naturally raised)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup chicken stock (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup raw cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Preheat oven to 375¼.
Lightly oil a baking pan. Place hollowed peppers in, standing up, and bake for 20 minutes.
While peppers are baking, sauté onion, celery, garlic and ground chicken on medium high heat. Break up chicken into small pieces as it cooks.
Add tomato, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. Add quinoa, chicken stock and parsley, and bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce flame to simmer for 12 minutes.
Remove cooked peppers from oven and stuff with quinoa/chicken mixture. Top with grated cheddar cheese and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.