Racey Ricotta in Kumquats Cars
- 1 cup raw hazel nuts
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 10 kumquats, all roughly the same size
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 2 droppers Vanilla Crème stevia clear liquid
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs (available in natural foods stores), ground
Note: All ingredients should be brought to room temperature before using in recipe, to avoid hardening the coconut oil.
Rinse nuts and place in small bowl covered with filtered water. Soak for at least 8 to 12 hours, or overnight. After soaking, rinse nuts and pat dry.
Rinse and cut kumquats in half. Scoop out inner flesh, making a kumquat peel car. Set aside.
In a food processor combine soaked nuts, almond milk, agave, stevia, spices, coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend until thick and smooth. Spoon ricotta mixture into prepared kumquats.
Grind cacao in coffee grinder for a few seconds, then sprinkle on top of ricotta.