- 3/4 cup Veganaise (a non-dairy mayonnaise, available in health food stores)
- 4 ounces vacuum-packed firm silken tofu (such as Mori-Nu)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (approximately 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (available in health food stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
Blend the Veganaise, tofu, minced onion, soymilk, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a blender until smooth.
Transfer the tofu mixture to a bowl. Whisk in the chives.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 2 days to allow the flavors to blend.
Season the dressing to taste with more salt and pepper, if desired.