Danny's Potato Leek Soup
- 2 leeks, cleaned and chopped (use both white and green parts)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled
- 5-6 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- a few pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions, diced
Put leeks, garlic, diced potato, chicken stock and sea salt into a soup pot. Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce flame to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes or until potato is soft.
Remove vegetables and puree in a food processor. Add back to soup and simmer for another minute to blend flavors.
Garnish individual bowls with scallions and freshly ground black pepper.