- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 5 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can of stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can of cannellini beans or 2 cups freshly cooked cannellini beans
- 3-4 leaves of swiss chard, chopped (or use any dark leafy green)
- 1/2 cup elbow pasta
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Sauté onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
Add carrots and celery and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
Add chicken stock, basil, tomatoes, cooked cannellini beans, chard, pasta and seasonings.
Cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
Add parsley in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.