Spring Rolls with Raw Mango Sauce
- 5 cups hot water
- 8 (9-inch) square rice paper sheets (available in Asian grocery stores)
- 1 1/4 cups very thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 cup very thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2/3 cup julienned green onions
- 2/3 cup julienned peeled carrots
- 2/3 cup peeled and julienned daikon radish
- 2/3 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped raw peanuts or almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 large fresh mint leaves
- Raw Mango Sauce
Pour 5 cups of hot water into a large bowl. Using tongs, dip 1 rice paper sheet in the water for 7 seconds. Remove from the water and place on a clean moist towel. Let stand for 2 minutes (if the rice paper sheet is not pliable, moisten it with more water).
Place 1/8 of the Napa cabbage and red cabbage across the center of the rice paper. Top with 1/8 each of the green onions, carrots, radish and red bell pepper.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of peanuts (if using) over the vegetables. Top with a few cilantro leaves and 1 mint leaf. Fold the sides of the rice paper over the ends of the filling. Starting at one flat side, roll tightly into a cylinder. Place the spring roll on a platter, cover with plastic wrap.
Repeat process with the remaining rice paper sheets.
Cut each spring roll in half diagonally and arrange pieces on a serving platter. Serve with sauce on the side.