- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup parsley, minced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 pound of shrimp, peeled
- 1 organic turkey sausage link, diced (or baked tofu cubed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup plain tomato sauce
- 11/2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (couple of shakes)
- Black pepper, to taste
In a pot, sauté the garlic and onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
Add parsley, red pepper and green peas, shrimp, diced turkey sausage, bay leaves, tomato sauce, water and rice.
Bring to a boil add sea salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste. Reduce flame, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, until rice is tender.