Simple Baby Arugula and Greens Salad
Fresh, simple and delicious, this baby arugula and greens salad is the perfect starter for any Italian meal.
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar, or less, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated cane juice (or sucanat, a contraction of sugar cane natural, available in health food stores)
- A few dashes of grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- salt, to taste
Combine olive oil, red wine or balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano and cane juice.
Coat greens with dressing.
Transfer to salad bowls and top each with parmigiano reggiano, pine nuts and cherry tomatoes.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL