Top Pregnancy Mythbusters
Dr. Holly and Dr. Grace Lau from NYU Langone Medical Center debunk the most common myths about pregnancy.03/26/13 | 11:03
About the Show
“Dr. Holly,” an acclaimed expert in the field of natural medicine helps viewers break down the myths and misconceptions about health and health related topics - separating facts, fiction and fads.
DON'T MISS THESE BLOG POSTS FROM DR. HOLLY
Baby, It's Dry Outside
About the Host
Dr. Holly Lucille, a.k.a. “Dr. Holly,” is a nationally recognized and licensed naturopathic physician, educator and a natural products consultant. She is also the author of Creating and Maintaining Balance: A Women’s Guide to Safe, Natural, Hormone Health.
An acclaimed expert in the field of naturopathic medicine, Dr. Holly lectures throughout the nation on a variety of natural health topics. Her nationally televised appearances include The Doctors, Lifetime Television for Women, Montel Williams, PBS’s Healing Quest and Discovery Fit & Health channel. Regularly quoted as an expert in journals such as The American Health Journal, in 2007 she was listed in Time Magazine’s “Alt List” as one of the “Top 100 Most Influential People.”
Dr. Holly’s private practice in Los Angeles, Healing from Within Healthcare, focuses on comprehensive naturopathic medicine and individualized care. Outside of her practice, she holds a position on the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians board of directors and is also on the faculty of the Global Medicine Education Foundation. She is the past president of the California Naturopathic Doctors Association where she worked to ensure the availability of safe naturopathic health care by lobbying to have naturopathic doctors licensed in the state of California.
4 Surprising Things About Me:
1. I have ridden motorcycles since I was 7 Years old. I currently have a pearl white, belt driven Suzuki Boulevard 650 and I absolutely love it -- so much so that after I crashed my first one (yes, I had a very bad accident in 2006) and bought the exact same bike! :)
2. During my last band tour I actually played drums and bass on ONE song. Can you say the girl’s got rhythm? :)
3. I am painfully shy and extremely sensitive. I think my seemingly gregarious nature is a defense for how introverted I actually am. I care deeply about people and I am devastated when someone is hurt or in pain. :(
4. One of my biggest pet peeves in life is that someone chose to abbreviate the word "etcetera" to “etc.”. DO you know how many other words that are super hard and super long that I could have used some abbreviation?
5 Things I Can't Live Without:
1. My "Stretch Out Strap." .One of my challenges is flexibility. I found this simple little strap that assists me in contorting my body to points of total discomfort. I love it and hate it at the same time. To help ease the pain I have taken to watching "Breaking Bad" on my iPad while I lying on the floor in pain.
2. Crossfit. I have been doing Crossfit as my fitness activity of choice for the last year and I’m addicted. My first competition is in February. Me, at 47 and some 20 year olds … should be fun! ;)
3. My cats. Samantha Kate and Sydney Bear. I didn't have any 2 legged kids but tend to treat the furry 4 legged ones just like they are my own children! I learn from them, love them, worry about them, miss them … ETCETERA!
4. Vegetables. There is just not enough words. Plant Strong - Nutrient Dense - Full of Fiber and LOVE!
5. Forgiveness and compassion. We are all so fallible along this journey. I feel like those two acts are vital for our thriving along the way. I need them and I need to give them.