Very Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies With No Oil
Julieanna and friends replace oil with a masher as they make nearly-fat-free, whole grain oatmeal raisin cookies.04/16/13 | 12:04
About the Show
A lifestyle-oriented talk show starring Julieanna Hever, M.S., R.D., C.P.T., an author and advocate of the benefits of following a whole food, plant-based diet. Julieanna will share insider information with her viewers on such everyday topics as "getting your kids to eat better" and "treating menopause" to "rekindling the spark in your marriage" and "getting back in shape for your high school reunion."
DON'T MISS THESE BLOG POSTS FROM JULIEANNA
5 Ways to Fit in Fitness
5 Ways to Maximize Your Natural Beauty
About the Host
Julieanna Hever, also known as The Plant-Based Dietitian, is the author of the best-selling book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, and the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine. She is the co-author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking. Julieanna was recently featured on The Dr. Oz Show, The Steve Harvey Show, Reluctantly Healthy, Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell, and E! News, co-stars on The Chef and The Dietitian, on numerous radio shows, and has lectured extensively throughout the United States. She co-produced and starred in To Your Health, and counsels a variety of clients worldwide from her Los Angeles-based private practice including elite athletes, adults, and children with various nutritional and/or medical concerns. She taught as part of Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s eCornell Plant-Based Nutrition Certification Program, and worked as a personal trainer and clinical dietitian. Her work as Executive Director of EarthSave, International has provided an opportunity for Julieanna to bring whole food, plant-based nutrition to the forefront of efforts to improve the current global health crisis. Julieanna received her Bachelors degree from UCLA and Masters of Science in Nutrition at CSUN, where she also completed her Dietetic Internship.
3 Surprising Things About Me:
1. I am obsessed with Shakespeare and finally had the chance to play my dream role – Juliet - with a theatre company I was a part of during college. I also practiced a monologue out loud at Shakespeare’s grave in Stratford-upon-Avon.
2. I am super scared of flying, but will hop on a plane at a moment’s notice.
3. I changed my mind about going to medical school because I cannot handle anything having to do with eyeballs. But now I think I may suck it up because I know I’m not done with my education and want to go back for an M.D. or PhD ASAP.
5 Things I Can’t Live Without:
1. My daily workouts. They are my sanity!
2. My smartphone. I know people recommend it, but I have no interest in "unplugging" and risk missing something.
3. Leafy green veggies. I crave kale and Romaine lettuce. (Odd, I know ...)
4. Tea. Especially green and black vanilla. I sip it all day.
5. My plantlings (aka my kidlets). They drive me crazy but make me strive to be a better person.