Mountain Pose to Stabilize Vata: Yoga for Beginners
01/04/2010 | 12:00 AM
Vata body-mind types are by nature quick to think and quick to act. This can lead to instability or, even more literally, a lack of balance. We recommend that Vatas practive the classic yogic mountain pose daily to experience a sense of stillness, strength, power and stability.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Gently spread your toes on the floor. Make sure that the weight of your body is distributed evenly through your feet.
- Lift your kneecaps by flexing your thigh muscles.
- Lengthen your spine, keeping your stomach gently tucked in.
- Feel your chest and collarbones moving upward.
- Keep your shoulders down and relaxed.
- Let your hands hang at your sides with your palms facing your legs.
- Hold this pose for about 30 seconds, making sure to breathe slowly and evenly through your nose.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL