Standing, Sitting and Walking: Tips for Healthy Posture
09/03/2009 | 12:00 AM
This simple guide will help you keep your body properly aligned throughout the day.
- Stand straight with your shoulders relaxed.
- Let your arms hang naturally at your sides.
- When you have to stand for a long time, make a conscious effort to shift your weight back and forth so you don’t over-rely on one leg.
- Tuck your chin in a little.
- Align your back against the back of your chair. Avoid slouching or leaning forward. Keep your knees even with your hips or slightly higher. Keep your shoulders straight. Get up to stretch at least once an hour.
- Make sure your chair is ergonomically designed to properly support your back. If not either adjust it or get a better chair. Your back deserves it.
- Keep your shoulders properly aligned with the rest of your body. Don’t stoop.
- Keep your head up and eyes looking straight ahead.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL