Restless Leg Syndrome: Give Your Legs a Raise
09/13/2009 | 12:00 AM
We probably spend more time sitting during the winter than during any other season, so it’s important that we make sure we add some extra workouts for abdominal support and to prevent lower back pain. The single leg raise helps strengthen your legs, abdominals, and back. It’s also great for improving your balance.
- Lie flat on your back, arms at your sides.
- As you inhale, raise your right leg as high as possible. Lower it as you exhale.
- Repeat with your left leg. Perform three times.
- As you inhale, raise your right leg, clasp it with both hands and pull it towards you, keeping your head down. Take a few breaths.
- Raise your chin to your shin and hold for one deep breath. Lower your head as you exhale. Take a few breaths.
- Repeat with your left leg.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL