Yoga for Beginners: Boat Pose
09/30/2009 | 12:00 AM
- Sit down on your yoga mat. Pull in your legs and grab your thighs.
- Tilt your upper body backwards so that your lower back carries your weight and the entire upper back is aligned in a straight perpendicular line.
- Slightly pull your legs with your arms to maintain the posture. Extend your arms forward and parallel to the floor.
- Stretch your legs and feet together. See to it that your back remains straight.
- Bring your arms alongside your body, parallel to the floor and focus on a particular spot for balance.
- Keep your breath slow and steady.
- Maintain this position for 1 minute.
Beginners: A yoga strap will help you maintain the pose as you work on your balance and strength.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL