Yoga for Beginners: Camel Pose
01/06/2010 | 12:00 AM
This basic yoga posture is especially effective for stretching the spine, back muscles, shoulders and arms. It also stretches the intestines and stomach and helps you improve your posture. We recommend you practice this pose first thing in the morning – at 7AM if you can.
- Kneel on the yoga mat on your knees, thighs pressed together at a right angle to the floor.
- Move your hands to the back, just above the buttocks. Lean back and slide your hands over your legs till they reach the ankles. (If you feel a strain in the back, don't push yourself beyond this point.)
- Inhale and arch your back, thrusting your belly forward. Tilt your head back as far as you can.
- Hold this position for the duration of one breath.
- Exhale and return to the kneeling position.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL