Yoga for Beginners: Cobbler's Pose
09/24/2009 | 12:00 AM
This sitting pose is great for opening your hips and strengthening your back and legs. Practice first thing in morning!
- Sit upright on a mat or a cushion with your spine straight and legs extended. Let the soles of your feet touch.
- Inhale and gently grab your feet with your hands, wrapping them around your toes. Gently pull your heels back towards your body and then adjust as you gently press both knees towards the floor.
- Do not force your knees down. Instead try to release your thighbones toward the floor.
- Keep your spine straight and stay in this pose anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes (or 8 breaths).
- Exhale, lift your knees away from the floor, and extend the legs back to their original position.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL