Yoga for Beginners: Crocodile Pose
08/19/2009 | 12:00 AM
The Crocodile pose relaxes the muscles and relieves fatigue. It helps to reduce high blood pressure and stimulates the small intestine, which aids the digestive processes.
- Lie flat on a yoga mat with your chin, chest and abdomen touching the ground.
- Stretch your legs, keeping them together, with your arms at your sides.
- Inhale and raise your trunk and head.
- Exhale and place both hands on opposite shoulders, grasping lightly.
- Do this in such a way that your folded elbows rest exactly above one another your forearms crossing the opposite upper arms.
- Inhale. Rest your forehead on your folded arms and dip your face in the space in between.
- Exhale, close your eyes and relax.
- Continue with abdominal breathing and maintain this position for as long as you comfortably can.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL